Let Us Do The Legwork
New to Cuenca and don’t know which neighborhoods to look in? Long-time resident with too little time to trudge around looking for Arriendo signs? Let Cuenca Realty do the legwork for you.
Whether you’re looking to buy or rent, we understand that house hunting is a huge undertaking. Luckily, we’re more than happy to scour Cuenca for you! Whether you want the cushiest loft, a private house with plenty of green space, or a cozy pied-a-terre in bustling El Centro, we can find you a place to call home.
Whatever you’re looking for, whatever your budget, we know where to look and who to talk to. Our team has ample experience negotiating real estate contracts and leases, so we can help ensure you get what you pay for.
- Initial Consultation via Email
- We discuss what you’re looking for, your ideal wishlist, your deal-breakers, and your budget.
- Prepared File of Listings via Google Drive
- We’ll find the properties currently available that meet your specifications, regardless of whether we represent them or not. You’ll receive a link to a Google Drive folder that includes information on all your options, so you can peruse at your leisure.
- Scheduled Showings
- Once you let us know which properties you’re interested in, we’ll contact the owners to set up a time for you to take a look. You let us know your schedule, and we’ll set everything up for you. We’ll send you Google Calendar invites, followed up by email for confirmation, to make things as simple and hassle-free as possible.
- Showing Shuttle Service
- On the day of the showings, we will pick you up and take you to each property, make sure your questions are answered, and provide translation services where needed.
- Contract Review
- Once you find a place you like, the real estate experts at Cuenca Realty will look over the contract, point out any issues, and ensure that anything you sign protects your rights and your wallet.
We offer three different house hunting packages, depending on how far out you’d like to start looking.
One Week – $150
We call this the”I need to have moved yesterday” package. If you need a new place as quickly as possible, our short-term package is for you. We’ll scour the city for properties available immediately that best match your needs and work to get you a showing on the double, within the week if at all possible. Your options will be more limited due to the time constraints, but we understand that sometimes a move sneaks up on you.
One Month – $400
If your lease is about to expire and you’re ready to start looking for a new place, we recommend not starting your search later than one month, if at all possible. Once a week for four weeks, we’ll compile a list of the properties available that meet your criteria and are available for a new lease starting when your current one expires. This means you will have up to four sets of listings and four showing dates. If you find something you like right away, great! If not, we’ll keep working to make sure you have a place to hang your hat.
Three Months – $750
For those that like to be very prepared, we can start the search even sooner. This package works well for those looking to purchase a property rather than rent, as well as those who are moving to Cuenca from another country and need boots on the ground to do their hunting for them. If you’re currently living outside of Ecuador, we can work with you to either scout and track available properties until your arrival, or take you on virtual showings via Skype. We can work with you to ensure that any contracts signed remotely are handled appropriately via Power of Attorney.
If you’d like to engage us as house hunters, simply fill out the Contact Form with your contact information and some basic details about what you’re looking for. We’ll get in touch with you right away to discuss your needs. Once we’ve received payment for your chosen package (and yes, we accept PayPal!) you’ll receive a questionnaire for you to complete that will give us all the info we need in order to find your next home. Once you return it, we’ll get to work. We’re available M-F via email for any questions, though we may need to schedule showings on weekends depending on schedules.