El Descanso, CuencaSold $149,000
Live the Lush Life in the Ecuadorian Countryside
This stunning property was personally designed by the owner, and the attention to detail is apparent as soon as you step in the door. From the luminous custom windows, to the hand-designed tile fountain, everything in this home highlights the tranquility of country living.
Located in the San Miguel subdivision of the El Descanso area, this spacious home is just 25 minutes by car from Cuenca, and closer still to grocery shopping and other conveniences in the nearby towns.
Because the owner designed the property herself, the entire home is full of interesting features and surprising little details. High-quality construction, furniture, and appliances throughout make this a move-in-ready home away from the noise of the city.
- Gorgeous, polished like-wood flooring throughout
- Secret bedroom, library, or office located behind a concealed door in the entryway bookcases
- Amazing natural light from windows and skylights
- Hidden social bathroom in the living room, with imported US shower curtain.
- Custom furniture made locally
- Bathtub (master bath) with custom-made shower curtain
- Rustic porch furnishings on the tiled patio
- Hand-designed tile in the traditional Cuenca style in the stone fountain in front of the house
- Stunning mirrored storage closets in master bedroom entryway, seven closets in total with internal rails, drawers, and shelving
- Five-burner gas stove
- Laundry closet with washer and dryer, plus built-in closet storage
- Private subdivision with locking gate at entry, very safe area
Room to Grow
The property also includes 2000 square meters of terraced land behind the house, so there’s plenty of room for gardeners and animal lovers alike to spread out. The middle terrace has the beginnings of a vegetable garden plot (unplanted), while the larger top terrace is full of potential for an outdoor sitting area with fire pit, outdoor kitchen, or anything else the heart may desire.
Of course, the crowning glory of this beautiful property is the view, which spans the valley below. Most importantly, this house was built to be a home. Truly, the peace and tranquility of this gorgeous country home cannot be overstated. You have to see it to believe it!
- 2 bed
- 2 bath
- 8 rooms
- Built 2017
- Land is 2000 m²
- Floor Area is 200 m²
- New Construction
- Outdoor Entertaining
- courtyard fountain